- Proportion of people who are undernourished.
- Proportion of children under 5 who are underweight.
- Mortality rate of children younger than age 5
Key messages of GHI 2014 are:
- The countries that have achieved the greatest improvement are Angola, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Chad, Ghana, Malawi, Niger, Rwanda, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- 16 countries still have the levels of hunger that are extremely alarming or alarming. Most of these countries are found in Sub-Saharan Africa but also in Haiti, Laos, Timor-Leste and Yemen.
- 805 million people still suffer from calorie deficiency.
- Even more alarming is the fact that 2 billion people suffer from hidden hunger, which is the lack of essential vitamins or minerals. It leads to poor health, lower productivity and decreasing life expectancies.
- IFPRI (2014) Global Hunger Index 2014 (Overview)
- IFPRI (2014) Global Hunger Index 2014 (Full Report)
- IFPRI (2014) Global Hunger Index 2014 (Dataset)